Due to the updated WA Government Level 1 Public Health and Social Measures on Monday 21 February 2022, the 2sqm rule applies to all indoor spaces within our venue. As capacity limits are now in place across our entire site, the internal areas of the Cheynes IV whaling ship are no longer accessible and we are unable to run our monthly Night Watch Experiences. We look forward to bringing this tour back as soon as we are able.
Step aboard the old Cheynes IV for a night like no other. Joining one of our passionate guides you will discover stories from the whale chasers’ historic past while exploring parts of the ship in a thrilling twilight experience.
Included after your 50-minute tour through the Cheynes IV ship is a delicious meal at Whaler’s Galley Café, as part of their monthly Friday night dinners.
The Night Watch Experience commences at 6pm on the first Friday of the month (subject to change). Please arrive onsite by 5.45pm.
- Adult – $35
- Concession – $32
- Child (8-15 years) – $25
The Night Watch Experience is not suitable for children under the age of 8 years.
Café meal options are as follows and must be selected at time of booking:
- Fish, Chips & Salad (Battered)
- Fish, Chips & Salad (Grilled)
- Fish, Chips & Salad (GF Battered)
- Antipasto Arancini, Chips & Salad (Vegetarian)
- Child’s Fish & Chips (Battered)
- Child’s Fish & Chips (GF Battered)
- Child’s Chicken Nuggets & Chips
Café meal options available are set options, additional food and drinks are to be purchased at the participant’s own expense and could incur a delayed service.
COVID-19 Entry Requirements
From Monday 31 January 2022, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or valid proof of a medical exemption, for people aged 16 years and over will be required to be shown to enter the Historic Whaling Station and dining-in at Whalers Galley Café.
From 6.00pm Thursday 27 January 2022, the mask mandate applies for all indoor public settings in the Great Southern and Wheatbelt regions.
This means masks must be worn by any person 12 years and older in all indoor public settings, which includes all indoor areas of our site, and outside where you cannot physically distance.
- The tour is not suitable for children under the age of 8 years.
- The tour will go ahead rain or shine, please dress accordingly and wear closed-in flat footwear.
- The tour requires participants to use stairs and steep ladders, and a good level of mobility is essential.
- As the tour will operate in a low light setting, each participant will be provided a head lamp for the duration of the tour. These have three light settings including flashing.
Spaces are limited, so BOOK your Night Watch Experience today!